English oak tree in a 2.5L pot 1-2ft Tall
Oak tree in a 2.5L pot
This tree is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any deep, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
Hardiness: fully hardy
A majestic tree with dark green, irregular, rounded-lobed leaves and clusters of neat acorns sitting in nobbly cups. Oaks are steeped in history, hiding legendary figures, such as Robin Hood and King Charles II in their sizable trunks. Known for their large size and longetivity, they should be planted for prosperity. They tolerate most soils, except shallow soil, and in large gardens and parks are ideal as specimen trees.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting.
- Eventual height: 25m
- Eventual spread: 25m
Second picture shows an example of the plants we have in stock. Actual plants may differ depending on time of year and due to the nature of the plant